The University of St Andrews together with the Fife Economy Partnership (FEP) organised the ‘Opening Doors to Innovation’ event on the 24th of January, 2012. The highly successful event was held as part of the University’s business outreach activities through its Business Innovation Exchange (BIE) initiative and FEP’s regional innovation strategy in line with the Scottish national strategy for innovation in the small and medium enterprises (SME) sector and showcased expertise within the University and from Sasol UK, Ltd. Talks centred around leading academics’ work in some of the most current topics, their relevance to businesses and the benefits that these could bring to the SMEs. Additional talks covered the need for innovation in Scotland to sustain economic growth, and how expertise and facilities available within the University have helped Sasol develop competitive advantage and sustainability.
Event presentations were:
- Strategic Responses to Global Climate Change – Prof. Jan Bebbington, School of Management
- Creative Industries – Ms Melinda Grewar, School of Management
- Taking Business to the Clouds – Prof. Ian Sommerville, School of Computer Science
- Sasol – Prof. Robert Tooze, Sasol UK, Ltd
- Innovation & Diffusion – Prof. Huw Davies, School of Management
- Photonics & Electronics – Prof. Thomas Krauss, School of Physics & Astronomy
- Paths to Knowledge Exchange – Dr Ewan Chirnside, KnowledgeTransfer Centre
Presentations can be downloaded from the University web pages.