The seminar follows events at Trinity College Dublin, Cass Business School City University London, University of Nottingham and the University of Strathclyde (further information on these is available at http://www.philanthropy.scot/philanthropy-to-the-rescue/).
On the 12th of October, we will explore foundations, international insights and the relationship between philanthropy and universities; on the 13th, collaborative, engaged and community philanthropy are the themes of the day. We have got some very senior national and international experts coming, including:
Andrew Carnegie (1835–1919)
- Yunus Sola, Director, Academy of Philanthropy and Board Member of the World Congress of Muslim Philanthropists
- Rupert Count Strachwitz, Director, Maecenata Institute, Germany
- Diana Leat, Visiting Professor, Cass Business School and the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies
- Jenny Harrow, Co-Director, Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy, Cass Business School, City University
- Robert Fleming, Commissioner, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Commission for Philanthropy
- Robert Dufton, Director of Campaigns, Sheffield University and former Director Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- Susan Wilkinson Maposa, Author of ‘The Poor Philanthropist: how and why the poor help each other’, South Africa
- Marie-Luise Stoll Steffan, Co-chair, Community Foundations Working Group and Regional Coordinator, Association of Community Foundations, Berlin
- Giles Ruck, Chief Executive, Foundation Scotland
- Barry Knight, Adviser, Global Fund for Community Foundations
- Caroline Broadhurst, Deputy Chief Executive, The Rank Foundation
- Beth Breeze, Director, Centre for Philanthropy, University of Kent
The event is free and attendance at both or either of the days is possible.
The full programme is available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/philanthropy-today-philanthropy-tomorrow-tickets-27529400177
Please contact Dr Tobias Jung, Director, The Centre for the Study of Philanthropy & Public Good, if you have any questions.